Saturday, October 6, 2012

Grateful for my Readers!

Good morning, all!

I'm writing this post from my hotel room in Missoula Montana. I'm in the great state of Montana for the next week or so because my new granddaughter, Harper Rae, was born yesterday morning! She's such a doll!

I'm not really "working" while here, but decided it might be fun to post a few reviews of Queen of the Waves, which is doing really well with readers, praise the Lord. So, give the following a quick glance, then head over to amazon to buy a copy!

Though the Titanic, is a favorite era of mine, that is not what solely made this book great. Not even the the well described scenes, people, or happenings made this book stand apart. The focus on the redemption that Christ offers was made this book from just another Titanic story to a great read. Janice wrote with such conviction. Not like most books, Queen of the Waves did not have just one spiritual message but several that the reader could glean from. Feeding you spiritually, historically intellectually and making you laugh out loud, Queen of the Waves is a must read, getting 5 out of 5 stars. (Ali, a homeschooler from New York)



That is the kind of story I love. One that does have tendrils of History, is still a fictional story but really makes you think about facts and periods of time. Janice Thompson has done a wonderful job creating Queen of the Waves. I can't wait for our trip to Titanic Pigeon Forge. After having read Queen of the Waves, I think I am better prepared for some of the stories I will be seeing there. In my opinion, it is a wonderful book! (Crystal, of Cinnamon Hollow reviews)

I haven been looking forward to reading this book ever since the Author started posting pictures of the of the museums she was visiting to research this book. I feel in love with all of the post by Janice Thompson and could not wait for this book to come out. She did not disappoint! Don't miss this excellent fast read. I could not put it down, and finished in less than a day. Enjoy!! (Maureen T., Goodreads)

I thought a love story aboard the Titanic would be a disaster, only because of my dislike for the 1997 Titanic movie, but author Janice Thompson has a way with descriptions and dialogue that made Queens of Waves a delight to read. The characters are well-developed and likeable. The romance between Tessa and Nathan is more believable than the one between Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater (played by Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in 1997's Titanic). And unlike the movie, Queen of Wave's ending isn't predictable. Overall, I enjoyed reading the book and it has definitely sparked by re-interest in the Titanic legacy. (Billy B.) 

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read and review! I'm tickled pink. I'd like to invite everyone to my facebook party on the 18th. I'd also be thrilled if you watched the video trailer and shared the link with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment